Introducing Attorney Judith Delus Montgomery
Judith Delus Montgomery is a Caribbean-American Attorney who was born in the Bahamas and migrated to the United States at the age of 4. Judith grew up in West Palm Beach, Florida, and is first generation American raised by Haitian Immigrant Parents. Judith has always had a desire to protect everyday citizens and ensure that their voices are heard. She obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and Education from Florida State University on a full academic scholarship. Judith then attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School at Western Michigan University on a partial academic scholarship. She went on to complete her law school externship at the 13th Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office in Tampa, Florida.
Judith next went to work as a prosecutor for the 15th Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office in West Palm Beach, Florida, where she honed her trial skills. Judith relocated to Atlanta, Georgia after accepting an offer with the Georgia Department of Labor where she served as an Administrative Law Judge.
Today, Judith practices in the areas of family law and immigration and frequently teaches continued learning education courses throughout the State of Georgia on family and immigration law. Judith a published author, completing her first book, “Divorce with Kids, A practical guide: Achieving the Best Outcome for You and Your Children.” Judith is also very active in the Atlanta Metro Area and dedicates her spare time to charities that help victims of domestic violence, children’s rights, and animal rights.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley School of Law, 2009
- Bachelor of Science, Political Science and Education, Florida State University, 2003
Professional & Bar Association Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia Member Since: 2012 through present
- State Bar of Georgia Children and the Courts Committee Since: 2017
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division Member Since: 2012 through present
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys Member Since: 2012 through present
- Co-Chair of Woman to Woman Mentoring Initiative 2015
- Chair of Woman to Woman Mentoring Initiative 2016 & 2017
- 2016 National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- National Association of Professional Women Member Since: 2011 through present
- Atlanta Bar Association Member Since: 2013 through present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Member Since: 2014 through present
- Dekalb Bar Association Member Since: 2013 through present
- Georgia Bar Young Lawyers Division Leadership Academy 2016 Inductee
If you would like to meet with Attorney Judith Montgomery, please don’t hesitate to contact us to schedule a consultation right away.